Briggs & Stratton P2200 is a product that allows you enjoy small conveniences of your home anywhere. With Quiet Power Technology that’s implemented by the manufacturer, it works with far less sound than traditional inverter generator. The unit is safe to use for sensitive devices such as TV, laptop, smartphone, or game console.
It is a perfect power supply unit to bring on outdoor activities, such as camping or tailgating. The slim and compact body design is highly convenient to bring on all time. However, the multifunction purpose doesn’t stop there. It can also act as a small backup generator for home.
Briggs & Stratton P2200 Overview
Briggs & Stratton P2200 is the new inverter generator model that comes out with safety features and can be found both on retailer and online providers. Inverter generator is the next and more advanced development from portable generator. It has more advantages when compared with other conventional portable generator devices.
Inverter generator works by throttling engine electronically up and down, in order to meet the power demand. This system procedure results in increasing efficiency, so the user won’t have to refill gas tank as often as they do with other model units. It also produces less emission and operates more quietly.
This practical inverter generator model is able to supply power for approximately 8 hours non-stop. It produces 1700 running watts and 2200 starting watts. It features various inputs such as two household sockets (230V), DC charging outlet (12V) and USB port (5V). If you need extra additional power, it is possible to get by linking two inverter generator units, with the help of connector kit.
Designed with green conscious mindset, it generates cleaner energy than its competitors. The 3% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) is featured, so sensitive electronic devices won’t be damaged by sudden energy drops and spikes. Briggs & Stratton P2200 is created with compact body so it is handy to move the units. In short, it is a low-maintenance tool that will deliver the power you need and offer all supports for your outdoor leisure.
Briggs & Stratton P2200 Specifications
Here are the detailed specifications of Briggs & Stratton P2200:
- Running Watts : 1700 W
- Surge Wattage : 2200 W
- Voltage : 230 V
- Frequency : 50 Hz
- Weight : 54.6 lbs.
- Dimensions : 52 x 35 x 43 cm
- Fuel type : Gasoline
- Fuel tank capacity : 1 gallon
- Run Time : 8 Hours
- Noise Level : 59 (dB(A)) 3
Briggs & Stratton P2200 Features
Prior to purchasing the unit, it is necessary to check the available features to make sure that you get the best out of the best. Here is the list of features of Briggs & Stratton P2200:
- Specifically designed for outdoor use – the compact and lightweight physical design, plus the quiet operating sound makes the unit a perfect power solution to bring on outdoor recreation.
- Safety priority for sensitive electronic devices – the inverter technology allows smoother power to be produced, so you can power and recharge various electronics such as smartphones, laptops, and gaming system. There are also 1 main reset buttons and 3 power reset buttons on control panels in case you need to perform emergency shutdown.
- Advanced Quiet Power Technology – the engine speeds can automatically adjust based on the powered item. It produces less noise, eliminates emissions, and reduces fuel consumption.
- Quiet operating sound – this inverter generator only emits 59dB sound volume, meaning it is even lower than normal conversation. It can blend to background situations easily.
- Multiple available outlets – there are two household sockets with 230V each, a DC charging outlet at 12V, a USB port at 5V. Those provide adequate flexibility to power combinations of electronic devices such as laptops, lights, blenders, and others.
- Parallel outlets – the dedicated parallel connector port allows you to connect two units simultaneously to produce even more power. This feature is ideal to use for RV that has air conditioning units, but the kit is sold separately.
- Handy mobility – the generator is designed with H-handle that allows you to carry it easily whenever you needed to. It also lets two people to share the load conveniently.
Pros and Cons
- Highly user-friendly, easy to start, operate, and bring anywhere. It is easier to use without having to need assistance from the customer service.
- Compatibility with other PowerSmart devices. As Briggs & Stratton P2200 is the part of series, it is capable to use with other generator in the same line. It gives you huge advantage of getting bigger power if you want to produce more energy.
- Lightweight body, decent run time, low noise level, and requires low fuel consumption.
- The unit doesn’t come with USB port. It is actually a big disadvantage because the system is already created to be suitable for sensitive electronic devices like smartphone, laptops, and camera.
- The handle is not designed in such a way that the weight can be loaded and shared between two people. However, it is important to remember that the weight is not incredibly heavy.
- The power output is on the lighter side. If you don’t use it for heavy duty performance, this disadvantage shouldn’t be a problem. Besides, it is possible to have parallel capability to produces more power.
The biggest beneficial feature of this unit is its compatibility with other generator devices on PowerSmart series. It means there are rooms for power increase and adjustment capability to any kinds of need. It is definitely advantageous for people with needs various amount of off-grid power. The lightweight and compact qualities are perfect for outdoor, trips, and more recreational use. This inverter generator unit is something more than a practical portable generator; it is also an ideal choice to go if affordability is a deciding buying factor for you.
Always remember to get yourself familiar with the manuals, instructions, and precautions first, if you decide to use Briggs & Stratton P2200. The manufacturer provides extensive customer service as well, in case you need helps regarding how to start the unit, how to do its maintenance, and where to go if it requires repair.