One of the best generator products from DuroMax is certainly the DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt. This generator has tons of good things in it. They are including the fact that this generator can run on dual fuel types and that it is completed by full 3 years warranty. For those who are going to buy a new generator anytime soon, consider this DuroMax product by reading the review down below.
DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt at Glance
Let’s get to know this DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt at glance. There will be several important explanations about some of the most essential features of this generator. Everyone should be able to understand these facts before buying the generator. Here is the information for you to read.
About the power, the generator is considered as one of the most powerful one. Even though the size is compact, the machine is capable to produce up to 12,000 Watts. This is big enough to power up household items and RV.The machine on this generator can use two types of fuel. It can work well using both propane and gasoline as the source of power. This is why you can easily switch between the two sources of power.
For the physical appearance, the generator has a compact size design and has metal cage protection. It allows the generator to last longer and surely it enhances its durability. With proper maintenance, the generator can run for years.On fuel tank, this DuroMax generator can run for 7 hours non-stop. It is relatively long time for a small generator for sure.
DuroMax XP12000EH Key Features
The best thing about this DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt is that they are fully packed by features. There are tons of features that you can be proud of here. The features allow the generator to work really properly and it becomes such a reliable back-up power source. Here is the list of the best features :
- Powerful Engine – This generator has the powerful 4-cycle engine that can produce 12,000 watts. This is perfect to power up an entire house.
- MX2 Technology – This product is completed by MX2 Technology, allowing the generator to produce bigger power and it can be paralleled as well. You can also switch easily between 120V and 240V using this feature.
- Idle Control – One of the best features owned by the DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt is its idle control. It helps keeping the machine run but saving its fuel at the same time.
- Low Oil Shut Down – When the oil is low, the generator will automatically shut itself down. It helps protecting the generator from getting severely damaged.
- Lots of Outlets – There are 5 outlets on the generator, including the GFCI outlet, heavy duty outlet, twist lock outlet and many more.
DuroMax XP12000EH Specification Details
Now let’s talk about the specs. There are a lot of DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt specifications that you need to know. There will be information on the power specifications and product specifications of the product. It can be read on the sections down below.
1. Power Specifications (Using Gasoline)
This is the information about the power specification found on DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt if they are running on gasoline:
- Peak Watts
The peak watts of this generator when using gasoline is 12,000 watts
- Running Watts
As for the running watts, when powered by gasoline, it is around 9,500 watts
2. Power Specifications (Using Propane)
When the generator is using propane to run the machine, the power specification can be described as follows:
- Peak Watts
If you use propane, the peak watts of the generator is 11,400 watts
- Running Watts
The running watts for the generator on propane is 9,025 watts
3. Product Specifications
To understand the product specifications of DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt, you can read the information down below:
The voltage of the generator is 120V / 240VAC & 12VDC
- Type of Start
This generator has electric to start the engine easily. Everyone can just use the generator with ease even from the start.
As one of the most important specs in a generator is the HP or horsepower, it is important for you to understand that the HP of this DuroMax generator is 18 HP
- Engine Type and Size
The engine type used on this generator is 4-cycle air with cooled spark ignition and it has the size of 457cc
- Product Weight
The overall weight of the product is around 20lbs.
- Fuel Type
As stated before, the fuel type of the generator is both gasoline and propane
For the fuel tank capacity, if you want to fill it to the fullest, the capacity is around 8.3 gallons
Pros and Cons
Everything has pros and cons, including the DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt. There will be several pros and cons about the product that you can find on this review. Use the pros and cons as the consideration to decide whether or not should you buy the new generator.
There are a lot of good things about DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt. The pros of the products are including:
- It has dual fuel option, allowing to switch between gas and propane
- The powerful engine produces 12,000 watts
- It has up to 8 hours runtime on full tank (gasoline)
- Study casing (made out of metal) makes the generator lasts longer
- It is completed by low oil sensor
- The fully loaded power panel is available
- It is completed by 3 years warranty
- Tool set and spark plug wrench are included in the box
For the cons, on this review we can only find one. This is the downside of the product:
- It is relatively heavy for portable usage.
Those are some of the best explanations and reviews that you can get from the product. Now, if you need to get a new generator for your house or RV and you need it as soon as possible, surely one of the best options that you can get is this one from DuroMax. It has everything you need and this DuroMax XP12000EH 12000-Watt is surely the best of its class.