Are you looking for a high-quality portable generator with an affordable price tag? Look no further, because the Honda EG2800IA 2800W has made its name one of the most inexpensive quite inverter generators. We all know of the Honda brand, it’s a well-acclaimed vehicle brand, and it’s clearly because they never fail to deliver the best products they have.
The EG2800IA 2800W generator is an ideal choice for people who require a portable backup power for residences or outdoor purposes. It features a compact design and relatively lightweight that makes it perfect for outdoor activities or even emergency backup power at home. To prove that this product is the ideal option, we will explore all the details about the Honda EG2800IA 2800W, as explained in the following sections.
The Honda EG2800IA is built to run on gasoline and powered by Honda GC190LA 4-stroke 186 cc motor. Coming with a 120-volt output, this portable generator has an operating wattage of 2500 watts and 2800 watts of surging power.
Since this portable inverter generator only has an average wattage, it produces 62 dBA of noise level, which is slightly noisier compared to the normal conversation. Even so, Honda attached an echo mode to this unit, making it great to reduce sound. However, if the power is raised to its full throttle, this generator can be slightly noisy.
This Honda EG2800IA 2800Wcomes with dual 20A outlets and a 30A outlet, but none of these outlets are proved to be GFCI safe. This unit isn’t RV ready, but it comes with an L5-30R receptor, which provides an easy RV connection to the TT-30R through the L5-30P.
Now, one of the main selling points of the Honda EG2800IA is its open-frame design with the dimensions of 16.9 x 17.6 x 18.9 inches. This provides stability, support, and makes it easy to lift it up above the ground. This portable generator could do more than adequate with some modern equipment and small home appliances. In fact, it will work well in any circumstance.
Apart from that, the Honda EG2800IA is relatively lightweight as it only has a dry weight of 66.6 lb lets the users carry it wherever needed. This is what makes this inverter generator perfect for emergency backup power in case there is a power outage.
The Honda EG2800IA 2800W is an inverter generator, meaning that there few aspects that must be mentioned. First, this portable generator is an inverter; it means that this unit is fuel-efficient and effectively spending fuel as well. Besides, it can run up to 12 hours with only 2.1 gallons of fuel. As it has an Eco-Throttle system, no wonder that this unit is very energy efficient.
This portable generator can be used to power lots of home appliances such as TVs, coffee makers, furnaces, fridges, or microwave. In addition, this generator offers high-quality power, which is excellent to power some sensitive devices or equipment. Still, it doesn’t mean that it can simultaneously power all those devices. It takes proper calculations based on the devices’ power demands to power some of the appliances simultaneously.
The followings are some of the most remarkable features of the Honda EG2800IA 2800W:
- Light indicators – The EG2800IA features some light indicators that allow the users to immediately see if the oil level is insufficient, the unit is overloaded, and if it’s ready to use.
- Easy calculation of gas level – As an inverter generator, the EG2800IA gives the users convenience in calculating its gas level. In addition, this unit is equipped with an integrated fuel gauge.
- Overload safety – A sense of security has always been concerned for many people. The Honda EG2800IA 2800W is highly possible to be used with a peace of mind as it comes with an overload safety and auto low oil shut-off.
- Easy-to-follow manual – Apart from all the features mentioned above, the Honda EG2800IA comes with an easy-to-follow manual. It helps the users operate to the device without exerting too much energy to understand the instructions.
- Honda manufacturer support – Honda provided three-year warrant for their EG2800IA portable generators. However, this warranty might be limited and might not cover all the components of the unit.
The following are the specification details of the Honda EG2800IA 2800W:
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 17.6 x 18.9 inches
- Weight: 66.6 lbs
- Noise: 62 dBa
- Fuel tank capacity: 2.1 gallons
- AC outlets: 120V 20A and 120V 30A
- Running watts: 2500 W
- Starting watts: 2800 W
- Fuel type: gasoline
- Motor: Honda GC190LA 4-stroke 186 cc
- Inverter: Yes
- Portable: Yes
- Spark arrestor: yes
- Run time at 25% load: 12 h
- Run time at 50% load: 8 h
- Security: Overload and low oil protection
Pros and Cons
Below is the list of advantages and disadvantages of using the Honda EG2800IA 2800W:
- The Honda EG2800IA is CARB-compliant and EPA-approved, so it’s widely available in all the states, including California.
- This inverter generator can be used in the wooded area thanks to its spark arrestor.
- Due to its low energy fluctuations, the Honda EG2800IA 2800W produces clean energy that is great to power some sensitive devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- It’s easy to carry due to its lightweight and open frame design.
- It is an outstanding choice for those who prefer a fuel-efficient portable generator because this unit comes with the Eco-Throttle system.
- The Honda EG2800IA makes a good investment for personal use.
- The Honda EG2800IA only has operating wattage of 2500 watts and 2800 watts of surging power, which makes it incapable of powering all home appliances simultaneously and inappropriate for professional use.
- Although this unit has an Eco-mode to reduce the noise level, it is still slightly noisy when used in a quiet environment.
For those who want to get the most of your money and get an advanced portable generator, as the review of Honda EG2800IA 2800W has explained above, you will not regret purchasing it. It’s potentially the best inverter generator that you can find on the market.