In a world where you constantly need to be connected to electrical power, dual fuel generators come as a highly convenient alternative to the more traditional units. It has advantage to be able to run on two fuel types – gasoline and propane, so you have more choices and the machine has ability to operate continuously. Champion 3400 Dual Fuel is one of the handful numbers of models that let you to do so.
This model is often dubbed as amongst the best one in market, due to its various beneficial features, such as compact body frame, low noise production, and fuel efficiency. To prove that these claims is really true and see if it really lives up to credits, read the review of Champion 3400 Dual Fuel in below.
As mentioned above, Champion 3400 is built to run both on gasoline and propane fuel. It makes it so easy to alternate between two fuels by using a mere button. The generator has an enclosed connection cord which can be connected to regular propane tank.
This unit provides 3400 watts of surging power and 3100 watts of running power. These numbers are more than sufficient to several electronic appliances at the same time, even the most demanding devices such as refrigerators or AC.
Now, one of the biggest selling points of Champion 3400 Dual Fuel is its compatibility to power the entire RV. There is a dedicated RV outlet in 120V 30-amp to prove that indeed this equipment is designed with to supply power RV in mind. The outlet saves you from the hassle and cost of purchasing additional external adaptors to connect travel trailer to the generator.
Some other features that come as very handy are the start mechanism and control panel. It has two types of starting system, electric start and remote start, which add point of user-friendliness as it makes the unit easy to begin the operation. You can locate the electric start at the control panel area. The control panel helps you to operate the generator so you don’t have to face any difficulties even without being assisted of qualified electrician.
Considered its high wattage, it’s a nice surprise this generator operates rather quietly. It yields merely 59 dBA of noise level at lesser loads. It still stays at acceptable noise level even if it operates at higher loads, which is far quitter than low-price portable generators in open frame models.
Despite being more lightweight and has smaller body than the average generators as its class, Champion 3400 Dual Fuel is still a bit heavy to carry with one hand. Thankfully it is equipped with adjustable handle and integrated wheels so the unit easy to move around.
Here are some of the notable features of Champion 3400 Dual Fuel:
- Dual fuel technology – This portable generator has capability to produces maximum 3400 watts of power by using either gasoline or propane fuel, stored in a tank with 1.6-gallon capacity and automatic sensor of low oil shut-down.
- Extremely silent operation – By generating only 59 dBA of noise level and 60 Hz of frequency during its 7.5 hours of run time, Champion 3400 Dual Fuel is perfect for outdoor activities such as camping, tailgating, or RV travelling as a backup power supply.
- Clean power delivery to use for sensitive devices – Its one 120V 30A, two 120V 20A, 12 V, and double USB ports, are built to serves clean electricity power with less than 3% of Total Harmonic Distortion (THD).
- Practical starting mechanism – The electric start is very convenient feature to have, which include quick touch panel as access control means and battery upon purchase.
- Champion manufacturer support – The unit comes with 3-year of warranty and free experts’ technical support from Champion for lifetime.
Below is the list ofChampion 3400 Dual Fuel specification details:
- Dimensions: 25.1” x 17.3” x 18.3”
- Weights: 95.7 lbs.
- Fuel type: Gasoline and Propane (LPG)
- The capacity: 1.6-gallon (Gasoline)
- Run time: 7.5 hours at 25% loads (Gasoline) and 14.5 hours at 25% loads (Propane)
- Noise level: 59 dBA
- Start system: Manual, electric, and remote
- RV ready: Yes
- Parallel capability: Yes
- Handles: Yes
- Wheels: Yes
Pros and Cons
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of Champion 3400 Dual Fuel:
For those of you who are looking for a generator around 3000W power category, Champion 3400 Dual Fuel creates an undoubtedly good choice. It is a versatile, practical, decently powerful, and amongst the quietest generator available out there.
Making purchase over this model is a decision that cannot go wrong. Champion 3400 Dual Fuel comes off as a reliable generator whether your use it as emergency electricity backup for home, to power your RV, or to bring on various outdoor activities.