The advance of technology allows you to choose a generator from so many options available in the market, in order to provide alternative source of power during needed times. Now, Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator is one of the products from a well-known manufacturer, Champion. It is a mid-range generator unit that offers maximum power of 4500W and constant power of 3500W with portability benefit.
Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator has earned “Best Seller” tag in several online marketplaces such as Amazon. By reading the review below, you can learn further about what this model’s features and specifications.
Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator is a unit that presents convenience, power, and flexibility to the table. It is designed with fuel-efficiency and safety for the users in mind. Even though the product is marketed mostly for leisure activities such as RV traveling or outdoor camping, it isn’t less reliable to use as emergency unit for household purposes.
At the first glance, the model looks very eye-catching with matte yellow color that combines with glossy black shade. This visually pleasing design is implemented at convenient dimensions at 23.2” x 17.5” x 19.6”, which puts the unit at the common size range amongst majority of generator units out there, but still a little bit larger. It modestly weighs at 140 lbs., which again considered as typical weigh range for most generator, but slightly lower to adds portability point.
Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator is equipped with 196 CC four stroke OHV engines that measures at 3600 RPM, and fueled by gasoline. It produces 4000W of surging power and 3500W of running power. Its outlets are available either at 120V 20A or 120V 30A, as well as 240V 30A. It is also possible to amp up the entire 3500W at once by using the RV outlet or 30A twist-lock outlet. Unfortunately, unlike its 4000W counterpart siblings, there are no 220V or 240V DC outlets.
By using this generator, you don’t have to be concerned about having connection issue. The model is specifically built to indulge RV users optimally in mind. Just plug your RV’s outlet to its basic 30A RV compatible outlet and all that is left to do is go.
The fuel tank of this unit is capable to hold up to 3.8-gallon capacity. There is a fuel gage on its body frame to help you check the fuel condition every once in a while. This tank supports 12 hours running time at half a load. There is a remote start mechanism, which needs to prepare for about 15 seconds before starting after being activated. When you try to deactivate the machine by remote, it can cut off the power instantly but require around 5 seconds of extra time for the engine to completely shut off. It is recommended to check battery conditions as often as once per month because the unit drains power from itself rather quickly.
This product has already complied with standards of CARB certification across USA. That being said, the noise level is not exactly the best feature out of Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator. It releases sound at 68 dBA from 23 ft away and roughly 70 dBA at approximate distance, makes it pretty hard to carry normal conversation around the equipment.
Below is the list of Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator highlighted features:
- Powerful, efficient, and reliable – It uses 196 CC four stroke single cylinders OHV engine from Champion that yields in 4000W of surging power and 3500W of running power. This engine is able to run efficiently for 12 hours straight on full tank condition.
- RV compatible – As stated on its name, this generator unit is suitable to power an RV. It is able to easily supply up 15,000 BTU AC in your RV with its 30A RV outlet.
- Technology of Cold Start – Champion implemented Technology of Cold Start within this model that allows you to begin and operate the engine even at subzero temperatures.
- Technology of Volt Guard – The generator comes with designed Volt Guard protector to avoid sudden power surges, power overloads, or voltage fluctuations.
- Various available outlets – To gives optimum convenience, Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator comes with two 120V 20A outlets, 120V 30A RV outlet, and 120V 30A twist-lock socket, which all are protected by Technology of Volt Guard.
- Maximum safety design – It has auto sensor of shutdown when the oil level in its 3.8-gallon tank is low.
- Champion manufacturer support – Upon purchase, this model is equipped with 3-year of warranty and free technical support from dedicated professionals at Champion for lifetime.
Here are some of the specification details of Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator:
- Dimensions: 23.2” x 17.5” x 19.6”,
- Weights: 107.8 lbs.
- Fuel type: Gasoline
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.8-gallon
- Run time: 12 hours at 50% loads
- Noise level: 68 dBA
- Start system: Manual, electric, and remote
- RV ready: Yes
- Parallel capability: No
- Handles: Yes
- Wheels: Yes
Pros and Cons
Below are the benefits and downsides of purchasing Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator:
Just as other generator unit models that being sold out there, there are some things that can be improved from Champion 3500-Watt RV ready portable generator. However, it generally does a great job at providing powerful electrical supply at reasonable price range. As long as you handle the equipment with proper care, there is a good chance it will make a durable investment for upcoming years.