Over the past few years, there is a visible huge growth in development and market of portable chargers. It is easy to see why: because people realize how simple and convenient it is to be able to charge devices anywhere on the go. Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 is one of the models that offer a lot. You can think of it as portable chargers that act like power banks but Power Delivery charging, to fill the energy of any device with USB-C compatible.
The function of this power station unit goes beyond mere charging. There are few features that just impossible to get if you choose to opt for regular power bank. On top of all, it carries multiple times of capacity than typical portable charger.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 Overview
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 is a power supply unit that can generate 240 watt/hours. With that amount of capability, it can power nearly anything for reasonable period of time and to give you an estimated idea, it is able to recharge laptop for three times, tablet for seven times, smartphone for twenty times, television for three hours, cooling system in your car for six hours, and 5W lamp for forty hours if you were bringing it for camping activity. In short, it offers more than enough power for a weekend outdoor trip.
This unit has the support of a lithium ion battery, which has several superior qualities such as being durable, is lightweight, and requiring zero maintenance. With mere dimensions of 5.19 x 9.05 x 7.67, it is highly portable and easy to store inside space-limited home, even in car, van, or a bus. The weight doesn’t exceed 7 lbs., which easy to carry especially because it features convenient sized handle. All the internal parts are secured by high impact plastic. You can locate all the ports on one side of the generator, and each port has their own power button with light indicator.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
There are total of three outlets available to use simultaneously: single 3-prong AC outlet, single 12V DC outlet, and double USB-A ports. Each outlet and port have power button that placed next to each of them. Simply press the button to activate it, then green indicator will light up to inform you that it’s already active. There is an LCD screen that easy to read even under the sun. The power output of each outlet is similar at 5V/2.4A, a standard for fast charging speed.So, You’d be able to get optimum output by combining the two USB ports, totaling in 4.8 A maximum power.
One of the most special features is probably the solar charger ability. This unit will be fully charged if you put it under full sun for straight 7 hours, even though you have to note that this approximated recharging time will vary on various location, weather, temperature, etc.
Read about Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 specifications below:
- Capacity : 240Wh
- Battery Type : Lithium ion, 67000mAh
- Input : 8mm DC, 12V~30V (maximum 42W)
- Outputs : one AC outlet 200W, 110V; one DC outlet 12V, 10A, 120 Watt; and two USB Ports, each 5V, 2.4A.
- Weight : 6.6 lbs.
- Dimensions : 9.05 x 5.24 x 7.87 inches
When you purchase this unit, you will get:
- One Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
- One AC adapter
- One cable for car charging
- One manual guide
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 Features
- Environmentally friendly power and noise reducing generator: there is no need for gasoline or fuel as this power station is using lithium ion battery. The packing for your next trip will be immensely felt lighter.
- Power supplier on outdoor event: the Explorer 240 has design specifically for outdoor electronics such as laptops, drones, or mini-cooler. Experience the convenience by one AC outlet, one DC car port, and two USB-A ports to connect when you need power supply without worry. There is a solid handle to make it easy for you bringing around wherever you need to go.
- Solar rechargeable generator: this unit can be easily recharged efficiently by using solar panel. It is especially paired with Jackery Solar Saga which is sold separately.
Pros and Cons
- It has high power capacity so you should be able to charge multiple devices, large or small, for plenty of times.
- Highly Powerful AC outlet with output of 200 Watts.
- Very user-friendly as you can easily use power button that’s available next to each component.
- It has digital power capacity to inform you about status and activity of the generator unit.
- Fare more than comparable power bank with high capacity.
- The temperature might spike up a little bit if you use AC outlet for so long, however the issue doesn’t exist with the DC outlet and USB ports.
- It is not water-resistant or shockproof, so the users need to be mindful about where to place the unit when taking it out to wilderness.
Just knowing that you have reliable, safe, and quite power supply for hours during day’s long trips, extended blackout, or at the back of your car as emergency kit is comforting enough on its own. With plentiful power capacity, it gives guarantee that you can fully charge your portable devices such as smartphone and tablet. The powerful 200 Watts output from AC outlet even allows delivering power for larger appliances. Therefore, it is easily rechargeable by using AC outlet, or more eco-friendly solar panel options.
If you are currently in search for portable power station, Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 might be a suitable choice to go. It offers so much at reasonable price; just perfect when you feel like battery pack is not enough to get your devices always active. The powerful and sleek tool comes with two year limited warranty when you purchase it. Take this compact and lightweight generator unit to travel, camping, trips, adventures, off-road journey, or anywhere you might require power supply.