Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator offers extensive range of features without at reasonably great price. It is a safe and reliable power supply unit that can power house essentials and sensitive devices quietly.
In general, all models in series of Powerhouse can serve for practically any purpose. It works well for simple things like lights to bigger electrical devices such as TV, even suitable to bring on outdoor parties, camping, or tailgating. It is especially useful if by chance you have to encounter unfortunate blackout due to technical error, storms, or disaster in the area.
Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator Summary
Powerhorse is a brand name that trademarked by Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc., a manufacturer that produce gasoline-based outdoor products. The products in the series include gas and electric powered tools such as inventers, electric generators, wood shredders, pressure washers, log splitter, and many more.
Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator is a lightweight and compact machine that powered by gas. It delivers 1,600-watts running power and 2,000-watts surge power outputs. Working reliably and quietly, it has inverter technology less than 1.5% total harmonic distortion in order to generate clean and steady power. This makes it perfect to use even for sensitive appliances and devices.
This generator also has parallel ability so you can connect two units together using cables that included inside the package. The heads come from full copper-wound so it won’t be overheated even when continuously running at full load for weeks, resulting in cooler, durable and rust-resistance design. The manufacture of inverter generator is also to have simplified maintenance, by featuring handy detachable panel so you can add oil more easily.
Below are the complete specifications of Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator:
- Running Watts : 1,600 Watt
- Starting Watts : 2,000 Watts
- Noise Levels : 52 dB.
- Low Oil Shutdown : Yes
- Fuel Type : Gasoline
- Dimensions : 20.7 x 19.4 x 12.1 in (52.5 x 49.2 x 30.7 cm)
- Weight : 52.2 lb. (24 kg)
Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator Features
Below are the best features of Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator:
- Lightweight, portable, yet sturdy – despite being compact, this generator is really solid physically. That’s why it is ideal to use on job sites, camp sites, sport events, and other outdoor events. You can easily grab it and ready to go.
- Deliver powerful performance – whether you need it to operate appliances, electronics, or tools, it will be up for the task. It generates 2,000 surge watts which should be convenient enough to operate most of essential electronics in this age.
- Compatible with sensitive electronics – this generator unit is as safe and reliable as you can wish. It has less than 1.5% THD (total harmonic distortion). It has ability to run your sensitive electronic. Additionally, the full copper-wound heads allow for continuously full-load operation without the risk of overheating. The premium material also ensure that the unit lasts longer, has run at cooler temperature, and has high resistance to corrosion compared to inferior material like aluminum.
- Energy friendly, less emissions – the Engine Smart Control allows the machine to adjust the required power, thus reducing unnecessary fuel consumption. It has compliance ratings from CARB and EPA as well. It is to make sure that the emission meets standard of North America’s air quality.
- Low noise – the unit operates as quietly as 52dB, making it quieter than normal conversation. You can use it without worrying to cause disturbance by its noise.
- Free parallel cable on package – as the generator is created with ultimate performance in mind, you’d get free parallel cable to support its parallel ready design. It is possible to double out the output to run larger appliances or for home standby use by connecting two inverter generator.
Pros and Cons
- It uses high-end material for the component, as visible on the copper-wound machine heads instead of cheaper aluminum that’s common to be found on other models at its price range.This eliminates the chance of overheating and damaging motor.
- It supports parallel system so the user can double up the output by connecting two units. It’s a big advantage for people who use it for all range of projects with different requirement, including heavy-duty performance. Moreover, the cables are included on purchase for free.
- The maintenance is pretty easy, especially when you need to add oil because it has removable side panel.
- It has compact design. It means that it can be easily brought or moved along. Therefore, it will fit with small storage spaces such as the back of the car.
- It runs quietly at 52 decibels, which barely can be heard from outside if you put it inside your home, and vice versa.
- It is not suitable to use for large appliances when operates alone. This unit is perfect to supply power demands of air conditioning or mini RV fridge, but that’s about it. It won’t fit to power most high-performance tools on professional job settings.
To sum it up, this generator unit is something that gives expected amount of power considering its small, compact, and lightweight design. It is ideal to bring anywhere as the frame allows you to store it inside your car or to lift it around with sturdy built-in handle. Being a safe and reliable machine, it comes with automatic low oil shutoff feature and cooling system to ensure optimum performance. It has smart control panel that is very movable for oil refilling purpose. The super quiet feature is a deciding factor that’s worth to consider too.
Despite being a high-rated machine, Powerhorse Portable Inverter Generator is a relatively adorable tool to purchase. The powerful engine and great design will provide you with power that you need during outdoor events. It also works just as fine to support home essentials efficiently, while helps you to cut power bills by its fuel-saving quality. See for yourself if it’s truly the best investment that you’ve ever made by seeing how it makes your life much easier.