Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator is a power supply unit that provides both excellent performance and convenience of portability. As the name implies, this generator is able to operate on gasoline or liquid propane only with single simple flip. The Switch & Go technology that implemented lets you switch between both types of fuel even when the generator is currently running.
No only it is ideal for household usage, the portability makes it perfect to use for outdoor activities and the outstanding power support for job site. It features cutting-edge technology, fold-down locking handle, and steel frame with strong powder coat, to ensure that it is indeed a great choice for anyone that looking for portable power. Get useful insights about this product, from its characteristic, outlet details, portability, and various features that will be discussed at the following section.
The power of Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator doesn’t need to be doubted. The user will be benefitted by 4250W running wattage and 5250W peak wattage on gasoline. Meanwhile when powered by propane, it delivers 3850W running wattage and 4750W peak wattage. The unit has four gallons of fuel capacity, which allows it to run for 12 hours on half load on gasoline. On the other hand, it can reach 13 hours run time with propane.
More than a power, the dual-fuel technology presents room for versatility. Aiming for user-friendly quality and convenience, it features simple switch of a dial in case you want to alternate between gasoline and propane while it operates. There is no need to stop the generator just for shifting the fuel type.
Pulsar PG5250B dimensions measure at 23.2 x 17 x 17.78 inches. It is designed with open frame concept to offer stability and allows it to be lifted over ground level. This design type is ideal for heavy-duty outdoor performance or tough environment usage. Since the unit weighs at 110 lbs, it should be expected that it’s quite difficult to raise, lift, and move manually even though technically it is categorized in portable device. Despite this, you can easily move the generator thanks to the wheel kit and folding handle.
The generator incorporates simple conventional pull-start mechanism. The noise rated at 72 dBA, which will be only slightly noisier than dishwasher if you were to compare. In the control panel, you’d be able to spot a convenient meter that displays information about lifetime hours, frequency, and voltage so it is easy to monitor its activity and status. The safety and security aspect is great, as it features circuit breaker for overload protection and auto low oil shut-off. When you purchase this generator, you will also get propane hose and owner’s manual in the package.
Here is the specifications list of Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator:
- Running watts : 4250 W (gas), 3850 W (propane)
- Starting watts : 5250 W (gas), 4750 W (propane)
- Run time at 50% load : 12 hours (gas), 13 hours (propane)
- Outlets : 20A 120V two Duplex (5-20R), one receptacle 30A 120V (TT-30R), and
one receptacle 30A 120/240V (L14-30R)
- Weight :110 lbs
- Dimensions : 23.2 x 17 x 17.8 in
- Noise level : 72 dBA
- Emissions : CARB, EPA approved
- Safety : Overload protection and low oil shut-off
Product Best Features
Here is the list of features that you can find on Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator:
- Great delivery power with 4250W and peak 5250W on gas as well as 3850W and peak 4750W on propane.
- Powerful 4-stroke, 224cc OHV engine that has air cooling and protected by long-lasting powder coated steel frame.
- Continuous operation up 12 hours on gas and 13 hours on propane at half load, to the four gallons capacity fuel tank.
- Status information from 3in1 digital meter, indicator of low oil, and automatic low oil shutdown so you do not have to worry when running it.
- Patented Switch & Go Technology that allows you to switch between both fuel sources when the unit is in use.
- Convenient propane hose and 30Amp RV port in the package for simple and quick hookup right out of the box.
- Handy fold-down handle and no-flat wheels to add mobility and more storage, combined with study and durable design to make the unit last longer than other models.
Pros and Cons
- Very versatile for variety types of applications, as it comes with two 120V, one 120/240V twist locks outlets, and one RV-ready port.
- Safe and easy to operate, as it features low oil indicator and shutdown as well as 3in1 digital meter.
- Relatively quiet at 72 decibels, comparable to the vacuum cleaner sound when operating.
- Package comes with propone hose which is highly convenient.
- Backed up by a full year limited warranty.
- It doesn’t produce the cleanest power out there, so you might want to take precaution by not plugging sensitive electronic devices directly to it.
- It doesn’t have an electric start, only manual start up method.
At times when calamities strike and unwanted situations approach without warning, this dual-fuel generator can save you from plenty of hassle. As you can see, the main feature of dual fuel capability allows it to extend the runtime up to 24 hours when you are only using 50% load. That way, there is a possibility that you would be able to run various electronic appliances and devices for a whole day without needing to refill the fuel.
It is a good choice if you are looking for portable power supply, as the generator can satisfy majority of power demand when needed. To sum up Pulsar PG5250B Dual Fuel Portable Generator above, it is a compact portable generator that targeted towards market of RV travelers. It can be the experience of camping and taking long journey to another level. Moreover, it is also fitting to power home essentials at emergency times and other outdoor purposes such as festivals, camping, or performances.