It actually hasn’t been extremely long since Westinghouse made its name on power back-up industry. However, it has successfully branded itself as a company that produces high quality yet affordable generator unit. Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator is a great example of how this manufacturer stepped up from exclusively providing small to medium units into building more advanced game of powerful generators.
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator is a portable generator that is built specifically with for professional uses in mind, but it is also suitable to deliver powerfulness for essential household items during emergency occasions such as power failure for homeowners. Below, you’ll learn further about the characteristics and features from this equipment.
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Overview
Marketed as a versatile power unit, Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator comes with benefit of dual fuel technology. It is capable to deliver 120/240V power by gasoline and propane. On gasoline, the unit produces 15,000W surging wattage and 12,000W running wattage. Meanwhile on propane, it generates 13,500 surging wattage and 10,800 running wattage.
When the 10.5-gallon fuel tank is in full capacity, this model is able to run by gasoline for 16 hours (by rate 0.95 GPH fuel consumption). In the meantime, on 20 lbs. propane tank, it can operate for 10 hours (measured at 0.47 GPH fuel consumption).
There is a total of 7 AC outlets within the control panel, which consists of double 5-20R 120V 20A duplex outlets, single 14-50R 120V/240V 50A, single L5-30R 120V 30A receptacle, and single L14-30R 120/240V 30A receptacle. In addition, there are 2 DC outlets, comprising dual 5V USB outlets to provide charging stations for your smaller devices like cell phones and tablets.
Even though Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator isn’t built to be RV compatible yet, it has L5-30R locking receptacle that can be connected to TT-30R RV Plug Adapter by using L5-30P locking plug. As an addition, its L14-30R outlet is compatible to be electrically switched with another similar model – a particular feature that gives you advantage of connecting the unit with breaker box in an event of outage.
The noise level of this generator is 74 dBA, which is a bit louder than sound produced by dishwasher. There is a handy electric starting mechanism that includes battery and remote starting mechanism that include key fob on purchase. The energy is clean, rated at less than five percent of Total Harmonic Disruption (THD), so you may charge sensitive devices without any worry.
The unit sports an open frame design. Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator offers stability and support, as well as ability to lift the unit above the ground level. It has 34” x 31” x 35” dimensions and weighs 352 pounds. Considering the weight, it might be tough to transport or move the unit despite its ‘portable’ title. Regardless, with the help of its foldable handle and wheel kits, it’s still possible to move the generator conveniently. As an addition, there is a lift hook located at the upper part of body frame to provide safety during loading, unloading, and transporting.
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator control panel helps the user to monitor activity and status of the generator. It contains a meter that shows remaining run time hours, frequency, and voltage. The model has inbuilt fuel gauge as well, to allow handy, easy, and quick examination over the gas level.
The safety measures, as they do with other Westinghouse products, come rather complete. There is as auto shut-down feature for low oil level and circuit breaker to provide protection from overload. On purchase, buyers will get battery charger, propane hose, tool kit, funnel, key fob, and oil.
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Features
Below is the list of Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator features:
- Extremely powerful unit – This generator unit can release maximum 15,000W for 16 hours when running on gasoline and maximum 13,500W for 11 hours when running on propane.
- Versatile equipment – There are various outlets available in WGen12000DF that protected by rubber wraps for safety. The list includes double GFCI 120V receptacles, single 120V outlet, single 120V transfer switch compatible outlet, single 120/240V RV compatible outlet, and double 5V USB ports.
- Exclusive Westinghouse engine – The equipment is powered by V2 713CC OHV engine from Westinghouse. Besides having durability quality, it also comes with hour meter and auto shut-off for low oil.
- Practical, convenient, and user-friendly machine – Upon purchase, you will get user’s manual, tool kit, key fob for remote starting system, battery charger, all intended to help you start the generator right away with minimum assemble work required.
- Optimum support from manufacturer – The tested portable generators from Westinghouse emits very low r oil and fuel smell. They comply with CARB and EPA regulations, and come with a 3 year warranty from a manufacturer that has nationwide customer service and support.
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Specification Details
Here are the specification details of Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator:
- Surging wattages: 15,000W (gasoline) and 13,500W (propane)
- Running wattages: 12,000W (gasoline) and 10,800 (propane)
- Engine: V2 713CC OHV engine
- Fuel tank capacity: 10.5 gallons (gasoline)
- Run time: 16 hours at 50% load (gasoline), 11 hours at 50% load (propane)
- Outlets: Double GFCI 120V receptacles, single 120V outlet, single 120V transfer switch compatible outlet, single 120/240V RV compatible outlet, and double 5V USB ports.
- Noise level: 74 dBA
- Dimensions: 34” x 31” x 35”
- Start mechanism: Electric start and remote start systems
- Wheels: Yes
- Handles: Yes
Pros and Cons
Here are the lists of Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator disadvantage and disadvantages:
- It comes with duel fuel technology that allows you to use two different types of fuel (gasoline and propane)
- It has convenient remote start starting mechanism
- It’s relatively quiet considering its power
- It comes with a few kits of accessories
- It produces clean energy
- It doesn’t have recoil manual starting system
- It is very heavy
Westinghouse WGen12000DF Dual Fuel Generator is an outstandingly powerful unit. While it’s true that the equipment is more suited for heavy duty job sites, it will still make an excellent power supplier for household. The price is on the expected range for its class and it is clearly designed to deal with challenging environments.